I really, really,
really love being a mom. Levi loves having me as his mom, too, I think! He is growing and learning so quickly. It still amazes me how quickly I need to get bigger clothes for him, and that just a year ago all he could do (besides the standard cry, eat, poop, and sleep) was wave his hands around and smile sometimes. He couldn't turn over or even use his voice yet at that point.
 |
| Can you believe he was actually this little? |
You may think that this is another mother's lament at how quickly her little baby is growing up, and how there's not enough time to soak it all in.
Well, it isn't.
 |
| Giving torn wrapping paper to Daddy |
I *love* that Levi is growing up. I love watching him become
somebody. Yes, he was super cute when all he could do was wave his hands around aimlessly and stare at lights, but I really didn't know who he was. When he was really little, I loved being able to supply his every need (or at least
almost every need), but I longed to know the personality that was waiting for his little body and brain to develop enough to show it. Right now I know a little boy who is very curious, who is very tidy about some things (who'd think that a kid at this age would already want to give torn pieces of wrapping paper to a parent instead of throwing it on the floor?), who loves positive attention, new things, and anything that has moving parts, but he has
so much more room to grow! What new qualities will he develop next?
I understand why some mothers feel like their child is growing up too quickly, and I don't fault them for it. However, I am so excited to see where Levi is going and who he's going to be. Isn't that the point of getting a body and living on this earth anyway? We grow and develop. I am a better person today than I was 10 years ago, and I can contribute to society, which a little baby can't do much of.
Levi has great potential. Where is it going to take him? What is he going to do with it? Who is he going to be?
I find joy in his journey. I find joy in seeing each new step that he takes to become the man I know he can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment